Databases like Psychinfo, Medline, EBM Reviews etc. that were available via Ovid gateway are now available on a new and improved platform called OvidSP. Ageline , the premier database on aging and social gerontology is also available via OvidSP.
Some of the new features of OvidSP include:
- Natural language searching – Available via the Basic Search tab, allows users to enter any search term or question. There is no need for special search syntax
- Advanced search –OvidSP has retained all of the best features and functionality of Ovid Gateway and including subject headings, term mapping, limits, and more.
- A new Search Aid section provides greater search transparency and allows you to refine initial searches. Review search terms, synonyms used, and spelling variants. Refine your search by subject, author, or journal title. Or, broaden by adding new search terms.
- Inline abstracts – Citation abstracts are now on the same page as your result. Expand or collapse abstracts for easy viewing.
- Annotations – Create, view, and edit search results annotations, marked by yellow icons. Annotations always stay with your results with your personal login.
- Searches can be delivered via RSS or email